Q. Is asthmatic patient more prone to COVID-19 infection?

Dr. Amolkumar W. Diwan

I am 37 years old. I am asthmatic and using Foracort 400 mg inhaler twice a day. I am hypertensive and using Telma AM for the same. I used to be obese, but now I reduced 10 kg in the past 10 months. One of my office staff was tested COVID positive six days back. As of now, I do not have any symptoms. I have also taken a flu shot. Could you suggest any other Vitamin supplements to be taken as a precaution?

#

I have read your query and can understand your concern regarding boosting your immunity for good health. Being asthmatic does not make you prone to COVID infection but you should take utmost precautions and avoid unnecessary outing.

From your description, it is very clear that both asthma and hypertension are under good control. So I will not go into detail measures of control for both as you know them thoroughly. If you have anybody having tested positive for COVID 19, it is advisable to avoid working in the same premises. If it is not possible, wear N95 mask and strictly follow the social distancing norms.

I would suggest you to take capsule Becadexamine capsule once daily after food preferably in the morning. Take fresh fruits and include more raw green leafy vegetables in your diet. Simultaneously, good food, enough sleep and avoiding stress is very important. Continue your Foracort (Budesonide and Formoterol) 400 inhaler twice daily followed by gargling with water and BP medicines regularly. Strictly restrict your daily salt intake less than 5 mg a day. Regular exercise if possible will help improve your mood, immunity, and sleep.

Capsule Becadexamine once daily after food preferably in the morning.

Avoid crowded places and follow social distancing. Wear mask.

| 
1 out of 1 likes