Q. My COVID-19 test remains positive after treatment and 14 days of quarantine. Why?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 13, 2020

I tested COVID-19 positive and was in hospital for 11 days. Post discharge, I was in home quarantine for 14 days. Yesterday, I went for a retest to private hospital. Today, I got report tests COVID-19 positive, why? What I have to do now?

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have recently done to repeat the COVID-19 test and it has become positive. You have spent seven to eight days on the hospital quarantine and another 14 days on home quarantine. Yesterday's repeat COVID-19 test became positive again.

American medical researchers have recently explained that COVID-19 virus can stay in an infected person for three months. In this time, the COVID-19 infected person may become positive in the retest. But the infected person is not able to spread the infection to other people after 14 days. So, according to their theories, you can lead your normal lifestyle with performing daily activities.

Immune response of an individual is different to other person for that reason, some COVID-19 infected persons may become negative within seven to nine days. Some other COVID-19 infected persons need 14 days or more, even 28 days.

Within 14 to 28 days, the antibody may develop in person of COVID-19 infection, so this antibody test will become positive, that means infected person's body is able to produce immunity against the COVID-19 virus.

You can spend another seven days on home quarantine and then do repeat the test.

Thank you for your kind help.

#

You are welcome. Keep in touch for further doubts.

| 

Article Overview:  Read Article

Homeschooling - Tips for Parents

Article Overview: Homeschooling is becoming common as a result of school closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown. Many parents are struggling to come to terms with this new way of teaching their children. This article will discuss some advice and strategies to support parents in teaching their children at home. Read Article

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Paediatrician

What Is Homeschooling? Homeschooling is a type of learning where the child is predominantly educated at home instead of sending them to a regular school. Homeschooling is a new experience for many families; it is one of the unexpected developments parents are grappling with as a result of the COVID...  Read Article

Why am I recovering very slowly from COVID-19?

Query: Mild asthma, cough since 2 weeks, and covid-19 patient. I am currently taking Benzo 200mg, famotidine 20mg, and albuterol as needed.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»