Q. I have on and off fever with low blood pressure after my COVID vaccine. Please help.

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

I am 59-years-old, and I had my COVID vaccines. I am having an on and off fever for the last four days and having a temperature of 101.5 F. My blood pressure came down to 104/68 mmHg, and my pulse dropped down to 68 last night. Now it is 131/78 mmHg with a pulse of 94. My energy is completely low.

Please help.

#

I understand your concern, and I will help you with it.

Do chills accompany fever? If yes, you should get a test for the malaria parasite.

Fever affects your thirst center in the hypothalamus, and because of that, you do not realize when you get dehydrated. Dehydration causes your blood pressure to reduce. So, you should keep yourself hydrated by taking enough fluids while suffering from fever.

I need to know your hemoglobin levels and complete blood counts (CBC).

I suggest you take a course of tablet A to Z NS (multivitamin, minerals, and pine bark extracts) once daily after lunch for twenty days.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care.

|