Q. Is it possible to take COVID vaccine if one is suffering from stomach upset?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

My mother had some loose motion for the past three days, but it stopped yesterday. Today she has stomach pain only. Please advise if she can take the second dose of COVID vaccination tomorrow?

#

If loose motions subside by tomorrow, she can take but if she has a fever, severe abdominal pain, or low blood pressure, then wait for a few days to stabilize. Most commonly, loose motions are due to food poisoning, which settles within 24 - 48 hours. If motions are severe and watery, give her oral rehydration solution (ORS) freely, monitor blood pressure, and get urea, creatinine, and electrolytes levels tested.

|