iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersNephrologycreatinineKindly advise on strategies to regulate my creatinine levels.

How to lower fluctuating creatinine levels?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 20, 2024
Reviewed AtMay 20, 2024

Patient's Query

I have experienced elevated creatinine levels, reaching 3 mg/dL in the last few days. It decreased to 2.5 mg/dL recently but has risen to 2.8 mg/dL again. Also, I developed a painful boil on my right leg resembling a bubble. My CRP levels have been consistently high, registering at 108 mg/L recently and lowest at 53.3 mg/L. How can I reduce my creatinine levels and address the discomfort caused by the boil on my leg? Please help.

Answered by Dr. Karthic Kumar

Thank you for reaching out, and I understand your concern.

From the readings mentioned above, I suggest your kidney failure is a result of diabetes (a chronic condition with elevated blood sugar levels), specifically diabetic nephropathy, a progressive kidney disease that occurs as a complication of diabetes. Your blood sugar levels are currently uncontrolled.

The condition in your leg is identified as cellulitis, a bacterial skin infection that affects the deeper layers of the skin and underlying tissues with a non-healing ulcer, likely exacerbated by elevated sugar levels hindering proper wound healing. I suggest prioritizing sugar control.

Please share your complete medication list so that I can adjust your treatment accordingly. In the presence of an infection, creatinine levels may rise. Once the infection subsides, we must monitor if creatinine returns to its previous levels. I suggest taking antibiotics like Cloxacillin (semisynthetic Penicillin ) 250 mg (1-1-1-1) for seven days and consider adjusting insulin doses if applicable. Regularly monitor blood sugar levels, refrain from painkillers except for Paracetamol, and reconnect for further guidance. Kindly consult a specialist, talk to them, and take the medication with their consent.

I hope this information will help you.

Please revert in case of further queries.

The Probable causes

The probable cause is uncontrolled diabetes mellitus type 2.

Investigations to be done

For investigations, I suggest doing a wound swab culture.

Probable diagnosis

The probable diagnosis is cellulitis (a bacterial skin infection that typically involves the deeper layers of the skin).

Treatment plan

For treatment, I suggest adjusting the insulin dose and antibiotics.

Preventive measures

The preventive measures are to control sugar levels and raise infected legs.

Regarding follow up

Follow-up is to be done after two days.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Karthic Kumar
Dr. Karthic Kumar

Nephrology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

boilleg paincreatininecrp

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Nephrology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy