Q. I am a crohn's disease patient. Can I take ayurvedic medicines?

Answered by Dr. Arul Amuthan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Crohn's Disease or Ayurvedic Management Of Crohn's Disease? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I am a crohn's disease patient.  Can I take ayurvedic medicines?

I am a crohn's disease patient and now my ESR level is 70 and CRP positive. I am taking pentasa 1g twice (morning and evening) and also 150mg of azoran (immunity suppressant tablet) in the morning alone.

Today I visited an ayurvedic doctor to start ayurvedic treatment and he gave me medicine indukantham kashayam and septilin and both seems to boost the immunity of the body. I want to know is it good to have both medicines like pentasa/azoran with ayurvedic medicines as mentioned above.My ayurvedic doctor has said that I can continue both for some time and then review after a week and check if ESR levels have fallen. Please advise.