Q. What is the treatment for Crohn's disease?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

I am 33 years old. I have an early stage of Crohn's disease. Do you have treatment for Crohn's disease? Is it a curable disease?

#

I can understand your concern. Crohn's disease is a psychosomatic disorder. Its management depends on the condition. If it has no complications, then it can be managed naturally through ayurvedic medicines. You should share your detailed disease history and all relevant investigation reports and medications history regarding this concern. I would like to help you.

I have attached my reports.

#

I have seen your attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your condition is not looking complicated. It can be managed. But it will take some time like 3 to 4 months. You should keep patience and follow instructions carefully and provide your feedback monthly.

1. Sandu Bilajil one spoon twice before food.
2. Kutajaghana Vati two tablets twice a day after food.
3. Prawal panchamrita one tablet twice a day after food.
4. Pipallyasava 10 ml twice a day with an equal amount of water after meals.

You should follow some precautions strictly:
1. Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
2. Avoid smoking and drinking if you have these habits.
3. Avoid milk, milk products, tea, coffee as well as cold drink, soft drinks ice-cream, etc.
4. Eat fibrous foods and fruit as well as leafy greens vegetables.
5. Do regular kapalbhati, suryanamaskara and pranayana like anuloma vilom nadi sodhan and bhramari. Meditation is also helpful to regulate metabolism.

Where can I get these medications?

#

Yes, it is available at any ayurvedic medical store.

Is Crohn's disease curable after medications?

#

According to Ayurveda, there is no concept of Crohn's disease. As per your complaints and previous diagnosis of IBD (irritable bowel disease), it falls under Grahani disease. It can be managed naturally through ayurvedic medicines and Yoga practices if you follow all instructions as advised by physicians. I have already mentioned it will take time but definitely, you will get positive results. You should provide your followup time to time. It helps better understanding of your concern and treatment accordingly.

Now I am taking three medications, Pepcer syrup, Diasyn tablet, and Mustaristam. Can I continue this or stop?

#

After taking these medicines for one month, if you have an improvement in your symptoms, then you should continue them. If not, then you should follow my prescription.

|