Q. What has to be done for accidental swallowing of tooth crown?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

My friend had accidentally swallowed tooth crown an hour ago, she is not facing any problem till now, what should she do, kindly advise.

#

I understand your concern but I think as so much time has already passed and by God's grace everything is fine then I think it has not gone into the airway, problem erupts only when it gets stuck in the airway, it might have gone down through the digestive tract and shall pass out normally through faeces. The biggest question is whether it went inside along with breath or food? That will surely subside the confusion and the one who swallowed most probably can feel this.

I would surely want to know which number tooth it belonged to in order to know whether it was bigger or smaller in size. Anyway, an X-ray is always advisable for safety if your area is now open for the same. Be careful and look for the engulfed crown in your passed out fecal matter that will also relax you if you find it sooner. It mostly passes out in 24-48 hours. You can have banana so as to help it pass digestive tract smoothly.

|