Csf Leak

Can CSF leak cause opening pressure in sphenoid?

Query: Can someone interpret the two please? I am having pressure and metallic drainage after the second image could this be a CSF leak? Also why does my pituitary look lifted/ detached? One is taken before a month and it shows my pituitary enlarged but looking intact, before I had a blood patch done. The...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Patil

Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Sorry for the pain you are going through. 1)to find out CSF leak, investigation in cases like you is CT-cisternogram. ( spontaneous CSF leak has been reported in patients). 2) you can sit in forward stupping ( bending forward) position, collect some fluid and send it for beta-transferin test (...  Read Full »

How common is CSF leak after shunt surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister-in-law have surgery shunt in brain for hydrocephalus conditon before two weeks and she was unconcious. But now they suggest surgery for CSF leak. We are very confused what should we do? Is it possible to have CSF leak after shunt surgery? Kindly revert soon.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Patil

Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry for all the pain your sister in law is going through. Hydrocephalus is a difficult problem to treat. The complication which are seen your sister in law case are very common in these type of patients. I would suggest you to follow your doctors (neurosu...  Read Full »