Q. Would you please interpret my CT scan film?

Dr. Muhammad Shoyab
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I have undergone a CT (computed tomography) scan. In the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), can you please interpret the film? I had only the film, and the report will come only after two days. Would you please tell me whether it is fine or not?

#

Thank you for posting your query to icliniq.

The attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows an essentially normal picture of a CT brain.

However, you have not mentioned what problems prompted you to have the CT. That information would have helped us be more confident.

CBC (complete blood count).

Polycythaemia.

If the headache was the cause of having this CT, and if the headache remains unresolved, you could get a full or complete blood count (FBC/CBC).

Two days ago, I slipped on the stairs. I had some bruises on my head. Some swollen parts, but right now, swollen parts are negligible. For safety, I had one CT scan.

#

Thank you for the updated information.

Based on that, you can rest assured that your CT brain is absolutely normal. There is no breach of your safety that you are concerned about.

If you have some headache or pain due to the injury, you could have some medication or rest, whatever your clinical doctor suggests.

Best of luck. Stay safe and take care.

None.

No abnormal finding.

None.

|