Q. I have a painless downward erection. Is this normal?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I am 29-year-old single male. I have a downward erection. I do not feel any pain during this. Is this normal? Kindly suggest me if it needs any treatment or medicine.

#

This is chordee possibly caused by Peyronie’s disease. It is usually painless once stable in your case.

Usually, treatment depends on the degree of curvature:

1) No need for any treatment.

2) Injections of collagenase.

3) Shock wave.

4) Surgery.

If I could have photos of the penis in flaccid and erection phases, I could advise on the most suitable treatment for you.

I am attaching the pictures. Kindly give your opinion.

#

From the pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), the degree of curvature seen needs to be corrected. You will need to review with your local urologist regarding the correction. Correction can be done by surgical plication by applying opposite stitches to the curvature to make it straight.

Please get back to me for further queries.

Is this too much curve? Is it fine not to go for the treatment for correction, or will it cause problems in the future? Is surgery necessary? Kindly give your opinion.

#

The treatment is not necessary. It is only on your demand. This curve is stable, and it should not increase if not operated. It is simple as if you want to straighten the penis, only then go for the procedure, or else no need to do it. You will still not have any problem during intercourse or having children in the future.

If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

How much degree is my curvature? Is it mild, moderate, or severe? As per medical, should I go for treatment or not? Are there any other options for correction apart from surgery, like medicine or any other treatment? I am more concerned about my future. Kindly help me.

#

Your curvature is about 15 degrees. It is mild as per medical advice there is no need for treatment. Because corrective treatment is indicated for people who have more curvature, which prevents them from having intercourse, but in your case, in the future, you will be able to have normal intercourse, so no need to worry.

If you have any more queries, please get back.

|