Q. I suffered an injury during sex, which healed with a large dent and now it is curving. What to do?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I suffered an injury during intercourse. It was a slight amount of pain but subsided. I am still able to get and maintain an erection. However, a week or two after this has happened, my penis has seemed to have 'healed' with quite a large dent in the left-hand side or underneath, as well as now curving. I am not sure what actions to take or what the next step is to sort it out.

#

Thanks for consulting us.

Yes, injury to tunica albuginea can heal with fibrosis and cause curvature.

The treatment depends on the degree of curvature and fibrosis. The treatment ranges from injections of collagenases to corrective surgery.

Please send me the photos of the flaccid and erect state of your penis.

Kind regards.

I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. Please see the attached required photos. I should also mention, when flaccid, I can feel slight bumps, almost like scar tissue on the left side as well, where the dent is when erect.

Kind regards.

#

From the picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), there is a slight deviation to the left, but the suspensory ligaments are still fine.

In my opinion, no treatment is required.

Kind regards.

|