Cycloplegic Drug

Does my baby have squint eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, The query is regarding my 6.5 months old baby girl. She has been seen by two pediatric ophthalmologists. The first one examined her eyes using a Plusoptix vision screener and assured us that everything was normal based on the testing results. He assured us that there was no strabismus....  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. The amount of refractive error manifested depends on the cycloplegic medications used and the amount of time elapsed after using the medication. The gold standard for a 2 year old is Atropine ointment for three days followed by retinoscopy. So, if different medicat...  Read Full »

What are the treatments available for my husband's eye problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is a contact lens wearer for more than 15 years. He changed the contact lens brand as per optometrist advise. Within a week, he started rubbing the eyes and got a point of laceration and then infection in the right eye. The infection also has spread to the other eye. Six months...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history you described and the prescription attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the corneal ulcer in both eyes after contact lens wear may be due to contact lens infection, infected lens solution or trauma during wearing or removing. But, i...  Read Full »