Q. I masturbated soon after D and C. Did I hurt my healing?

Answered by Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on D & C or Masturbation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had D and C four days ago. On the day of D and C, I was so stressed out and masturbated after (twice without penetration). I got cramp in each orgasm but no bleeding. I had mild discomfort after. Did I hurt my healing? I have had minimal cramping and no bleeding since my D and C. The cramps are a little worse than period cramps. During periods, I usually get back cramps. With D and C, I have had lower back and lower abdominal cramping. There was no bleeding for the most part. I am so scared that I will not be able to have a baby or that I might have caused some scarring. They told me no sex meaning penetration. I did not and did not know if masturbation with no penetration was included in that. I am just scared this will lead to infertility. My doctor said the surgery went well with no issues, but I am so scared that I will not be able to have kids now.