Q. How to get relief from dandruff?

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 24, 2020

I have a problem of dandruff. I have taken treatment and it never worked. I have used Selenium sulfide shampoo as well as Ketoconazole shampoo. After using these shampoos, I used to get relief for a day. But, on the next day, the dandruff again starts falling from my hair. Please help me out. I would be very thankful to you.

#

The causes of dandruff are any of the following. Not enough hair brushing and shampooing, dry skin, chronic seborrheic dermatitis, diet without proper nutrition, mental stress and allergic reaction to any hair or skin care products.

The dandruff treatment includes taking care of the above things to not happen.

Medical agents such as Pyrithione zinc (fungistatic and bacteriostatic property), Salicylic acid and Sulfur, plain Salicylic acid, Selenium sulfide and Ketoconazole are used to dandruff.

Proper water intake and healthy routine to bed prevent generation of extra heat in the body and dryness of the scalp.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Related Video

I have hair fall problem, and my hair becomes oily and greasy. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who weighs 88 kg and I am 6.1 feet tall. I wash my hair daily morning, but they become oily and greasy by evening. I also have hair fall problem.  Read Full »

Can antifungal treatment cure dandruff and hair loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a test report for fungal overgrowth. Can you please look at the report and let me know if you suggest an antifungal treatment? I also have a lot of dandruff in my head and hair loss.  Read Full »

I have oily dandruff and dry hairs with hair fall. How can I be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have oily dandruff and dry hairs and hair fall. So what should I do if I wash hairs every day so they will become more dry and thin too?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»