Q. Having dandruff and hairfall. Suggest an Ayurvedic procedure or medicine.

Dr. Atul Bhatla
Published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

I have dandruff problem and it is causing massive hair fall.

Kindly suggest me any Ayurvedic procedure or medicine for a cure.

Dr. Atul Bhatla

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many reasons for dandruff. Close examination can help diagnose the exact reason for dandruff. I am sharing some steps which usually help cure dandruff.

• Use MahaBhringraj Oil (any good brand) at night to massage scalp with finger tips. Saturate the scalp.
  • On the next morning, use herbal shampoo with minimal preservatives and chemicals. Rinse thoroughly afterwards. Remains of shampoo on the scalp also lead to white flakes on scalp.
  • Avoid using conditioner, in fact you will not need it if you once started using Maha Bhringraj Oil as said above.
  • Avoid using hair dryer.
  • Brush your hair regularly to remove any dead tissues.
  • In routine use a light refined oil.

If dandruff still persist, consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Related Video

Hair Loss (Alopecia Areata) Cure Through Homoeopathy

Article Overview: Homeopathic treatment for alopecia areata is reasonably successful. Homeopathic medicines try to cure the immune system disorder that is responsible for hair loss. Read Article

Dr. Priyanka M Arora
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Alopecia Areata? Alopecia areata is a condition where there is hair loss that affects typically the scalp, beard, eyebrows etc in oval or circular patches. Alopecia areata is a common skin disorder which affects all races, both genders and typically younger age groups. In some cases total ...  Read Article

Does hair fall stop immediately with the use of Proscar?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been on Rogaine for 6 years and now on Proscar for 10 days. I had used it before, but went off. I cannot tell if I am still losing hair or not. Does hair loss stop immediately once Proscar is used?  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both, Minoxidil and Finasteride takes time to act and in some cases it will take two to three months. Both are FDA - Food and Drug Administration approved for androgenic alopecia. You should always remember that if it is used once, then you need to take it for a lifetime...  Read Full

Why is my head shedding excess hair these days?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been shedding excess hair in the past few weeks. It was just a few in the beginning but now when I comb my hand through my head, 10 to 15 strands of hair come out in my hand. I do not know what is causing this. I have tried to find the reason online but there are lots of theori...  Read Full >>

Dr. Stuti Khare Shukla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly attach an image to know the severity of your problem. It is usually normal to lose 80 to 100 hairs per day. But yes, if you never had a hair fall and are suddenly witnessing it, it might be due to some underlying etiology. As you mentioned about your recent...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now