Q. I have a black spot on my vulva along with yellowish discharge and frequent urination. Why?

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana

Burning yellowish discharge with frequent urination at times. I noticed black spot in vulva cheek.

#

Hi. Welcome to icliniq Based on the history, symptoms you have provided, it looks like you are having vaginal infection. It's known as vaginal mixed infection ( mixed bacterial vaginosis- i.e a combination of bacterial and fungal vaginosis). There could be some components of STI as well if you are sexually active. So the important thing you need to do is to self collect a high vaginal swab and send it for culture and sensitivity and STI screen. After collection, send it to a pathology lab for swab microscopy and culture and sensitivity plus STI screening Based on the results of the swab, I can offer you relevant antibiotics and medicines. Also you are having frequent urination, which could be due to urinary tract infection- so you need to do an urine routine microscopy and culture and sensitivity. Regarding the mole in the vulva you have attached- it could be a normal thing. Let me reassure you moles are quite common in private parts. However, it important that you check it often, if it grows or changes appearance or color- you need to do a biopsy to rule out any abnormal skin lesion if present. Also if there is a history of melanoma or cancerous mole in your family- you need to be careful and check it often. Meanwhile some preventive measures for you Drink enough water and fluids Avoid tight undies, wear cotton underwears and bottoms Avoid detergent, lotions, soaps to vagina Clean vulva with normal water after you pee Change undergarments twice a day Hope this answers your query and looking forward to hear you after the pathology results Feel free to reach out with any further queries.

High vaginal swab microscopy and culture sensitivity
Urine microscopy and culture and sensitivity

Drink enough water and fluids
Avoid tight undies, wear cotton underwears and bottoms
Avoid detergent, lotions, soaps to vagina
Clean vulva with normal water after you pee
Change undergarments twice a day

|