Q. I have some dark spots on my chin. Kindly help with medication.

Dr. Snehal Laul

I have dark spots on my chin area, and it does not go away for more than a month. I have tried a lot but could not. It turns red too. Which product is suitable for dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and redness?

#

Use 1 percent Hydrocortisone cream (Elica cream) twice daily for five days in a minimal amount to reduce inflammation and redness. Apply Kojic cream at night for 20 days (on dark spots) after inflammation is reduced, and use Kojic soap for bath.

Apply Photostable sunscreen daily at 9 AM, 12 PM, and 3 PM for 20 days.

Is your skin type dry or oily? Do you scratch or rub the lesion? Do you have a history of popping or pricking the pimples?

Please reply.

My skin type is oily. I have not had any pricking pimple history, excess scratching, and rubbing lesion. Do you have a picture of the cream to be sure? The only problem with my face is the dark spot and redness on my chin.

#

Use Ahaglow face wash or D-acne face wash (wash face twice daily) for 20 days. These are recommended for oily skin type.

1 percent Hydrocortisone cream or Desonide cream will help in reducing redness. Use it twice daily for five days. Take tablet Limcee (Vitamin C) 500 mg once a day after breakfast for 30 days. Apply Fucidin cream at night for seven days to avoid secondary bacterial infection.

Follow up for any doubts.

|