Three months ago I lost a very special person, and until this day I miss them so much that it is affecting my mental health. Sometimes I hate them, sometimes I love them, and it is like I have mood swings. Please help.
I read your query and can understand your concern.
Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation and it is tough to deal with this type of phase in life. I am sorry about your special person. You may have pathological grief. There is non-pharmacological management for it, and you should try to follow the below guidelines to deal with it. It will help you.
1. You should exercise daily for 30 to 45 minutes, like at least going for a walk.
2. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily. Just sit in one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing. Do not stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts, just let them be. It will calm you.
3. You should eat healthy home-cooked foods, and avoid junk foods.
4. You must drink enough water.
5. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily, or do video calls if you are living away from your family.
6. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills, language, or musical instruments.
7. You should have 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily.
8. You must avoid tobacco, alcohol, or any substance abuse.
9. Do not stay alone. Keep yourself busy and active.
I hope that you get your answer. Please, let me know if you want some help.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. given as cardioprotective drug or in high blood pressure. In ischemic heart disease also it can be prescribed. But it is not related to mood swings. You are having mood elevations as well as depression. Read full
.. the following questions:
Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Have you changed your diet, doing more exercise or under stress?
Have you ever got your thyroid tested?
Do you have any other medical history that I should be aware of? Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.