I am sexually involved with someone for the past few years but I cannot marry her. I am not able to concentrate. Please help.

Q. How to overcome sexual thoughts and improve the concentration on studies?

Answered by
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 01, 2023

Hello doctor,

I am sexually involved with someone in the past few years but I cannot marry that person. I am not able to focus on my studies.

Please help.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I went through your query and understood your concern.

It seems you may have major depressive disorder due to relationship issues. So, I suggest you follow the instructions mentioned below.

1. You must move on in your life.

2. You must concentrate on your life.

3. You must delete all stuff related to her memories.

4. Stop stalking her on social media.

5. You must not stay in contact with her.

6. You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes like at least going for a walk.

7. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily.

8. You should eat healthy home-cooked food, and avoid junk foods.

9. You must drink enough water.

10. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you are living away from your family.

11. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or musical instruments.

12. You should take enough seven to eight hours of sleep daily.

13. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse.

I hope this has helped you.

Thanks and regards.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Why is my ferritin level low, but transferrin saturation level is high?

.. your concern. From the report attached (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity), first, for ferritin, you got nothing to worry about as your hemoglobin (Hb) is normal, iron is normal, CBC (complete blood count) is normal, and fer   Read full

How is chronic fatigue syndrome different from hyperthyroidism?

.. your concern. It appears that you have chronic fatigue syndrome. Yes, your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormones) is slightly low, but because your T4 (thyroxine) is within normal limits. Therefore, you likely do not have hyperthyroidism currently.   Read full

Why am I having dizziness with pain around the lower rib on both sides and under the arms for the past year?

In addition, I feel lethargic and lack concentration ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.