I am sexually involved with someone for the past few years but I cannot marry her. I am not able to concentrate. Please help.

Q. How to overcome sexual thoughts and improve the concentration on studies?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

I am sexually involved with someone in the past few years but I cannot marry that person. I am not able to focus on my studies.

Please help.

#

I went through your query and understood your concern.

It seems you may have major depressive disorder due to relationship issues. So, I suggest you follow the instructions mentioned below.

1. You must move on in your life.

2. You must concentrate on your life.

3. You must delete all stuff related to her memories.

4. Stop stalking her on social media.

5. You must not stay in contact with her.

6. You should do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes like at least going for a walk.

7. You should do meditation for 20 minutes daily.

8. You should eat healthy home-cooked food, and avoid junk foods.

9. You must drink enough water.

10. You should spend quality time with friends and family daily or do video calls if you are living away from your family.

11. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or musical instruments.

12. You should take enough seven to eight hours of sleep daily.

13. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse.

I hope this has helped you.

Thanks and regards.

|