Q. What are the reasons for a delay in conception despite having a regular menstrual cycle of 24 days?

I got married last year. We have been planning for pregnancy for the previous three months but have not succeeded. I have regular periods with a 24 days cycle. I am feeling very disappointed. Do I need to undergo any tests, or do I need any treatment? Also, recently my husband underwent semen analysis.

Kindly advise.

#

Thank you for the query.

I understand your concern. There can be multiple reasons for not conceiving. You need to be aware of your fertile period and the tentative time when you ovulate based on the date and regularity of your previous cycles. Also, the chances of natural conception during each cycle are only 33 %. You can share your husband's semen analysis report to rule out the male factor. I suggest you get a hormonal profile and ultrasound pelvis done to rule out hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia, and polycystic ovarian disease.

Thank you for the response.

Can you kindly explain the last three lines as I did not understand them?

#

I have reviewed the semen analysis reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Unfortunately, your husband's counts are low, and the report is inadequate as it does not mention the abnormal forms or whether fructose is present. Regarding the last three lines, it means that as you have short cycles, you too need to be investigated for the following hormones that include FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), LH (Luteinizing hormone), AMH (anti-mullerian hormone), serum estradiol, serum progesterone on day 21, DHEAS (dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate), 17 OHP, thyroid profile, and serum prolactin. Also, an ultrasound pelvis to rule out polycystic ovary disease, which can cause anovulatory cycles.

What are the normal sperm count levels?

#

Hello.

I suggest you repeat the semen analysis from a good laboratory which can give better and elaborate reports.

|