Q. What is delaying my pregnancy?

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2020

I am trying to get conceive. We have tried two times, but no positive result. I have thyroid but it is normal now. My age is 26 and weight is 78 kg. I am a little overweight for my height. What is the problem. Please help me.

#

• From what you have said above, it sounds as if you have your thyroid situation under control. Nevertheless, I would like to see your latest TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) report and know your current dose of Thyroxine.
  • Also, you may be a bit overweight. Please tell me your height in cm.
  • Do have any history of weight gain, increasing body hair, irregular menses and pimples? Please confirm.
  • Please do the following test on the second day of period, preferably fasting. AMH (anti-mullerian hormone), TSH, FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), LH (Luteinizing hormone), prolactin, FBS (fasting blood sugar) and PPBS (postprandial blood sugar). These are very basic tests and will give an idea into the situation.
  • Please request your husband to get a semen analysis done after no more and no less than three days of abstinence.
  • You mentioned you have been trying to conceive since two times, if that is the case kindly do not worry. Usually 80% couples conceive within the first year they try.
  • It will help if you eat a healthy, unprocessed diet and get 30 minutes of moderate exercise daily like walking, jogging, etc.

Revert back with the report to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|