Q. Why am I not pregnant even after seven months of marriage?

Dr. Sabita Laskar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am a 24-year-old female weighing about 45 kg. I got married seven months back, and I am not pregnant. What is the problem? Please suggest ways to conceive naturally.

#

Thank you for your query. You seem to be a female with optimal weight for your age, and I presume you to be an average height female. A couple may take as long as two years to conceive without any possible explanation. Since you are young, I do not see any reason why you should be concerned. Give yourself time, and I hope you will achieve pregnancy within a year. Try coitus in your most fertile period, roughly in the middle ten days of your cycle. Supposing you have 30 days cycle, then your fertile period will fall between 10th to 20th day of your period. You can also check your hormone status, such as thyroid and prolactin, to be sure. Since you are trying to conceive, you must have folic acid supplements 5 mg regularly and daily. It is to prevent specific neurological malformation of the baby. Once you are pregnant, Folic acid needs to be continued for the first three months of pregnancy. I hope I have answered your query. Thank you.

|