Q. Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg thrice daily for five months. I have not used any contraceptive pills still now. My insulin levels are also normal. Please help me out. I am getting very much depressed.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Having seen your PCOS reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggested that you should opt for controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination procedure.

• It will increase your chance of conception by 20 percent as it would remove the cervical factor as a cause.
  • You should be reducing your weight further and should opt for tablet Angelica on next consultation with your gynecologist and that would help improve your ovum quality as well.
  • But, as you have already tried for five months I feel ovulation induction and IUI would be a better option for you.

For further information consult a childbirth educator online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/childbirth-educator

|