Q. Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Published on May 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg thrice daily for five months. I have not used any contraceptive pills still now. My insulin levels are also normal. Please help me out. I am getting very much depressed.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Having seen your PCOS reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggested that you should opt for controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination procedure.

• It will increase your chance of conception by 20 percent as it would remove the cervical factor as a cause.
  • You should be reducing your weight further and should opt for tablet Angelica on next consultation with your gynecologist and that would help improve your ovum quality as well.
  • But, as you have already tried for five months I feel ovulation induction and IUI would be a better option for you.

For further information consult a childbirth educator online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/childbirth-educator

What is the success percentage in IUI?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a first IUI one week ago. The egg was to rupture on the same day. Egg size was 22.5 mm and endometrium size 6.6.mm. Also, for the past one month, I am taking oral Susten 300. How much chance is there for successful implantation?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The protocol has been rightly addressed with IUI (intrauterine insemination) at 22 mm follicle size. The follicle would have ruptured in the next 12 to 16 hours. Hence, the sperms were already present prior to that (which can stay alive for 72 hours in the female repro...  Read Full

I got period in mid follicle stimulation cycle. Is it fine?

Query: Hi doctor, I was going through follicle stimulation. My doctor started with Siphene 100 mg for five days, moved to FSH injections 75 for five days and when there was not enough growth in follicles she asked me to inject Humog 75 for two days. However, I got my periods the day I took the first Humog...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Getting periods in between only means that the follicles were not healthy enough. This is usually triggered by poor ovulation induction. Endometrial growth depends on the estradiol release from the follicles. So if follicles are not good, estrogen levels are not correct...  Read Full

Ask a Childbirth Educator Now