Q. Had two i-pills in a time gap of two hours. Is there a chance to get pregnant?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2019

I had unsafe sex with my girlfriend. I am sure that I did not ejaculate but she did take an i-pill for safety. We had sex for the second time and now I guess that I might have ejaculated and so she took one more i-pill. So, in total she had two i-pills in a time gap of two hours. Now she did miss her periods. Is there any chance that she is pregnant?

#

If she has taken the i-pill within 24 hours of the intercourse and in her case twice within a gap of two hours then she has doubled the concentration of progesterone.

Usually, a withdrawal bleed is seen within next five to seven days from the day of i-pill intake. As she has taken two it may be delayed by a few days, but chance of pregnancy is minimal.

If seven day period since the intercourse have been crossed then you may do a serum beta hCG test to rule out pregnancy for confirmation and to settle anxiety.

If the test is negative then she is surely not pregnant and then she can wait for her withdrawal bleed to resume naturally without fear, though the chances are minimal.

If seven days have not been completed then only option at present is to wait for completion of days and see if the menses resume. Once resumed, pregnancy is ruled out.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|