Q. How to confirm whether my delayed period is due to i-pill intake or pregnancy?

I am 31 years old. My periods are usually late. Last month I had sex with my partner on the first day of the menstrual cycle and had an i-pill after 40 hours of intercourse. It is two weeks now, and I did not get my period yet. Do I have a chance of getting pregnant by having sex on the first day of my menstrual cycle? If yes, then what about bleeding and ovulating at the time of intercourse? Let me know why is there a delay in this month's cycle? Do I need to go for a pregnancy test or consult a doctor?

#

I understand that you had sex just on the day when the bleeding stopped if that is what you meant, then no need to get worried. (First day of the menstrual cycle is considered as the first day of bleeding). So no chances of getting pregnant.

It is normal to see a delay in periods in many females after sexual intercourse if they are not regular in sex. Delay is seen after taking i-pill too.

So stop worrying. No need to see a doctor as of now. If you still have doubts, then get one urine pregnancy test done (UPT). Kits are available easily with chemists. This will definitely come negative.

| 

Which tests should I undergo to determine hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is that I am having man boobs and love handles. They just will not go away. I workout and reduced a lot of fat, but the fat in this area is stubborn. I want to know whether there is any hormonal imbalance in my body like high content of estrogen. What tests should I undergo to ...  Read Full »

What are the first signs of early-onset menopause?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My periods have been delayed for two weeks. Till now they are normally regular. Could it be the early onset of menopause or they will eventually come?  Read Full »

Delayed period after abortion. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 23 years old. Two months back she had abortion. After abortion she is taking Folic acid and Ecosprin 75. Last month her period lasted for around 14 days and then doctor gave her Sandoz medication. This month her period date already has passed far off but still she is not hav...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»