Q. Is it possible to get pregnant without penetrating into vagina?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

Is it really possible to get pregnant without penetrating into vagina? We did not have sex. We rubbed the vagina and penis. Her period is late by two days. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• Rubbing penis and vagina will not cause pregnancy.
  • But, if it was after ejaculating outside and then rubbing and fingering can allow few sperm to get in.
  • If she is on ovulating day then there is a possibility, though it is rare, it can be considered. So, if any delay please do a pregnancy test to confirm.
  • Usually, ovulation happens 14 days prior to menses.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

She got her periods. It has been late for two days. Is there any chance for pregnancy?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• If she got her periods then nothing to worry. There is no pregnancy.

|