Q. My monthly periods is delayed for 10 days. Is there any medicines to get periods quickly?

Dr. Gowrimeena
Published on Nov 08, 2019

I am a 24-year-old female. I missed my monthly periods for 10 days. Is there any medicine to get periods quickly?

Dr. Gowrimeena

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

From the information you have provided, your periods are delayed by 10 days. You have not mentioned whether you are sexually active and pregnancy is a possibility.

If that is the case, please do a urine pregnancy test and consult a gynecologist irrespective of the result.

If there is no chance of pregnancy, you can wait for another five days safely.

If still no periods, we need to find out the reason apart from taking tablets to bring on periods.

The reason could be simple stress, thyroid, prolactin hormone disturbances or PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome).

You will need blood tests and scan along with full physical examination by a gynecologist to treat you properly.

Missed or delayed periods after taking I-Pill? Is it due to pregnancy or amenorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and she took I-pill within two hours. She had bleeding for three to six days after having sex and she missed her periods till now.I have heard about the disease amenorrhea, it might also be the side effect of I-pill in some cases. Is this a pregnan...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Amenorrhea is not a disease. Amenorrhea is simply absence of the menstrual cycle. A lot of females have missed periods for one or two cycles after taking I-pill and this is normal. In most cases cycle resumes after one or two missed periods. So, no need to worry. Within o...  Read Full

How effective Meprate in preventing pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend is a virgin and we were intimate on two consecutive days last month. During that time, her periods were delayed by two weeks. I was careful not to ejaculate anywhere near her vagina nor was it knowingly in contact with my penis. She waited for another 10 days and since she d...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ideally, Meprate - Medroxyprogesterone should be taken only after confirming the absence of pregnancy as Meprate has a tendency of causing incomplete abortion. So, it would be wise to get a serum beta hCG done (human chorionic gonadotropin). It is a blood test that d...  Read Full

Do PCOS and SUFE have some underlying cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a couple of conditions, and I would like to enquire whether there could be an underlying cause. I am a 27 year old female, and I have recently been told I have PCOS. I am not entirely surprised, as I have painful ovulation. I am due to have a follow-up to further discuss scan resu...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Certainly, there is a possibility of underlying hormonal abnormalities. Scarred kidney is due to infection, that should be left apart. SUFE and (PCOS) polycystic ovaries syndrome have hormonal causes, for which you will need extensive endocrinological evaluation. You...  Read Full