Q. My period is delayed for a month with negative HPT. What is the chance of me being pregnant?

Dr. Vidyaprem

My last period was on April 28. It has been almost seven weeks and I still have not had my period yet. I had unprotected sex on May 24 thinking my ovulation day is over but I started getting very paranoid last week. So I took a pregnancy test on June 10th and it was negative. Then I took one more yesterday on June 14th and it was negative, but if I squinted hard enough it could have been positive.

I am very paranoid right now because I do not have a supportive family and I do not have health insurance to go to the doctor to get this checked out, and I am not ready to have a child. I am 21 years old living with my very conservative religious immigrant parents and I do not know if I should take the second pregnancy test seriously. I have been stressed out for the past one month which makes me think I am skipping a month but I am still very afraid that there is a chance I may be pregnant. I have no symptoms of pregnancy. Is it likely that I am pregnant?

Dr. Vidyaprem

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

It is unlikely to be a pregnancy. However, get a serum beta HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) blood test to rule out pregnancy, as PT has some chances of false positivity and false negativity as it is weakly positive.

The likely cause of the delay could be hormonal, anemia, weight gain, hypothyroidism, stress, or change in food and exercise pattern can affect the cycle length and pattern.

Hormonal.

Serum beta HCG.

Pregnancy.

Delayed cycle (probably hormonal).

If beta HCG is negative, then take tablet Medroxy progesterone acetate 10 mg at bedtime for five days. Menses occur one week after the last dose of Progesterone.

Weight reduction if BMI >25.

|