Q. Is it possible to get natural conception at the age of 45 years?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

I am 45 years now and still not blessed with a child due to late marriage. This is my third year after marriage. I get my periods regularly but this month I got my period as usual on the correct date. And after one week, again I got my period with lot of clots. Is this sign of menopause? Or all the cysts are coming out? Please advise how to become a mother in my case.

#

Welcome to Icliniq.com.

Age is an important factor in getting conception of an embryo. The best healthy ovum are usually released during the early years of life. Thus, during a late age, we might have an unhealthy ovum. So, if you are trying to conceive, you approach a gynecologist to check the status of your uterus, endometrium, ovary, ovum and hormonal levels. If there is something wrong, we can specifically give the treatments. Mostly, in this age, menopause is possible. Other things such as fibroid uterus should be ruled out through an ultrasonogram. If menopausal attained, then the estrogen, progesterone level in the blood will be in the lower level. I suggest you go for a lab investigation to rule out the cause.

In allopathy system, you may try for in-vitro fertilization techniques for conceiving. In Ayurveda, take tablet Aloes compounds two in the morning, two in the afternoon and two in the evening after food. Continue this tablet for three months. If you do not have fibroid uterus and menopause, you will get conceived. If a fibroid is there, we can treat with other drugs or do surgery to remove the fibroid. If menopause attained, then no hope for natural conception. Invitro fertilization may be helpful.

Simultaneously, the semen analysis to your husband to be done. If a couple gets their kid at the age of 47, by the time they reach 70 years, their child enters college. This is how late marriages affects the care of the next generation.

|