Q. Can I delay my period by seven days?

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

I am going on a holiday in a couple of months, and my period is due in the last week of the holiday. Is there any way I can delay my period by seven days? Thanks.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

How are you doing?

• You can delay your periods using the birth control pills. I suggest taking any of the oral combined contraceptive pills or birth control pills or a packet of 21 pills. Take one tablet at night from the first day of the periods. After 21 pills are over, do not stop, keep continuing the pills from the second packet until the day you do not want the periods. Never forget a pill in between, or else, periods will start in between.
  • The second option is tablet Norethisterone, one tablet twice a day for at least 7 to 10 days before the expected period date. In either of these methods, you will have periods 7 to 10 days after stopping the pill. So, do calculate the pill as per your date of return. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

Hope I have clarified your query, do write back. All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|