Q. Though there is a delay in period, I am not pregnant. Is that due to hormonal imbalance?

Published on Mar 15, 2018

I am four days late, and today I had some very light spotting mixed with discharge. I have very light cramping and no other symptoms. I had a miscarriage two months ago. Is it related to my hormones being imbalanced?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I feel there is some hormone imbalance and it could be the reason for the miscarriage too.

Your weight is more than expected. This extra fat will be converted into hormones in the body. This hormone can prevent or delay ovulation, could be the reason for the delay in periods.

The inner lining of the uterus will start getting detached on its own. This would appear as bleeding of different severity and as it tries to come out will cause cramps. This is what you are experiencing.

You should get bleeding in the coming days, with thick fleshy masses. This is common after miscarriages. So just relax, this will get corrected over next few months.

Over these months, try to be as active as possible and have controlled diet. Your weight will reduce over time, and this hormonal imbalance will get corrected. All the best.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

How will miscarriage reflect on dental health?

Query: Hi doctor, I heard something yesterday, and I wanted to know if it is possible. Can having a miscarriage cause your teeth to fall out? What effects will it cause on your body? And how will it reflect on dental health? Thank you for your time.  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, miscarriage does not directly cause dental problems, but hormonal changes do. During pregnancy, hormonal changes can cause gums to swell and enlarge with increased probability of gum and periodontal diseases. So, hormonal changes can be a culprit. If someone suffe...  Read Full

Two consecutive miscarriages have greatly disappointed the family. What to do next?

Query: Hello doctor,I am writing for my daughter, staying away from us, with her husband. She is 30 years, 5 feet 1 inch and 63 kg, working in the IT sector. She is married for the last three years and seriously trying for conception from a year. She missed her period once in the beginning of this year. Du...  Read Full >>

Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your daughter's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the detailed information that you have given, the first pregnancy was a blighted ovum (miscarriage). The second pregnancy is a chemical pregnancy and not a true miscarri...  Read Full

I had miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy in the last six months. Is it endometriosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am recently trying to get pregnant and in the past six months, have had a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy. I am wondering if there is a chance I have endometriosis. I am wondering this because I have no other risks/causes that could have caused the ectopic. There is no chance I co...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? From your history, the only problem I feel is the problem which could happen to the tube. Your history of having a tubal pregnancy and severe pain during sex, that is dyspareunia, means that there is some problem which is happening around the uterus ...  Read Full