Delusions And Hallucinations

I feel depressed and suffocated. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel low all the time. I do not like to do any work, neither do I feel like eating. I feel like something inside me is being broken or cramped. I feel like crying out loud. While listening to songs, my eyes get filled with tears, and I start crying. I feel¬†suffocated. Long back, when I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehmet Akif Camkurt

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you are describing are consistent with depression and anxiety. As you stated this is the second episode, it alerts us that you have recurrent depressive episodes which are a predictor for further ones. Depression usually lasts about three to six month...  Read Full »

My symptoms are likely to be schizophrenia. Kindly tell about the symptoms of it.

Query: Hello doctor,I want to ask about the symptoms of schizophrenia. From the information I have seen before, it seems like I may have either developed it at a very young age, or I may have been born with it. I still want to have a professional point of view on it, though, because I only made this conclu...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of schizophrenia are, 1) Hallucinations are hearing voices when there is no one around. 2) False beliefs which one believes to be true despite proof against it. 3) Illogical thinking and speech. 4) Catatonic symptoms like sitting at one place or assu...  Read Full »

Why do I keep stumbling over words nowadays?

Query: Hello doctor, In general, I am in good health and a functional, if not happy, person. Recently, I have undergone emotional stress and strain which has brought on symptoms similar to ones I have had under similar circumstances in the past. This time, however, it is a lot worse. In the past, I have te...  Read Full »

Dr. Gayatri Saraf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you making an effort to write in and seek help. It is not easy to go through something like this, especially when you know that it is not true. You seem to have had brief psychotic symptoms which can sometimes be brought on by severe stress. Based on the s...  Read Full »

Is it good to take Risperidone for a long time for hallucination?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother had five to six episodes of hallucinations, and he takes Risperidone 2 mg for one year. Is it safe to take this medicine for such a long time? Can psychosis come back after stopping the medication? What are the side effects?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antipsychotics are usually required for long-term. But if the person is suffering from acute and transient psychotic disorders, then these drugs are used for three months to one year depending upon the situation. After completing the drug treatment, relapse of psychosis...  Read Full »

How can I cure schizophrenia without drugs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia and have been prescribed anti-psychotic medication Olanzapine. I have been taking it for 2 to 3 years. I was wondering if there is an alternate route to treatment? Or if there is another solution for a possible cure? I do not want to deal with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Olanzapine is an antipsychotic medicine. Yes, Olanzapine is available in injectable form. If Olanzapine is causing some effects then it can be changed to other antipsychotic like Aripiprazole, Risperidone or Ziprasidone. You need to take medicines or injectables to keep...  Read Full »

The patient always stays in her room and does not communicate. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My issue or family issue is how to deal with my sister to get her out of the room and act normal again. I have been praying. I also went to a psychiatrist once but that one session is not enough to answer all my questions about my sister. She is 30 years old. She is not normal and i...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. She is 30 and has isolated herself socially. She is not at all interacting with others. She is showing inappropriateness of emotions. You have mentioned that she once told you that she had hallucinations. What kind of hallucinations she...  Read Full »

Is it fine to get visual hallucinations after taking Mirtazapine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on Mirtazapine for the past four months, treating episodical depression and panic attacks. Overall it was going good but yesterday I have experienced visual hallucinations for the first time. I will see my doctor in half a month only. Should I be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. Visual hallucinations are due to organic brain lesion (epilepsy) or any substance abuse (alcohol or recreational drug). If it is just once in while then it is not problematic but if it is an increase in the frequency and di...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed of psychosis NOS. Is there a possibility of withdrawal psychosis when antipsychotics are discontinued?

Query: Hi, I am diagnosed of Psychosis (NOS). The first episode was in 2010 and it lasted for three-four months before I was taken to a psychiatrist. I had been thinking that people are tracking me through email, internet. My mobile phone is tapped and all that. I did not get any auditory or visual halluci...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.First of all I must congratulate you for your efforts regarding the illness. Regarding your query, I do not think it is withdrawal psychosis. Though it occurs rare in patients, yours does not seem to be the case. Your recurrence of symptoms is mainly due to natural course ...  Read Full »

Can tactile hallucination occur due to alcohol abstinence?

Query: Hi doctor, I have¬†schizophrenia for more than 25 years. I had Clozapine for 15 years and now I am on Aripiprazole. I stayed away from alcohol for eight years. Before six months, I had alcohol once. Now, I am having some tactile hallucination. Is it due to alcohol abstinence? Will it disappear?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are abstinent for the last eight years, then tactile hallucinations are not due to alcohol intoxication or alcohol withdrawal. It means, it is due to your illness schizophrenia. Are you on any antipsychotic now? Revert back with the answer to the above q...  Read Full »

Can we include Risperidone in current regimen to treat schizo depressive disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, Before three years, my mother was diagnosed with schizo depressive disorder, when she lost her husband. She is having irritable bowel syndrome and diabetes mellitus. Now at present, she is taking Nexito 10 mg (Escitalopram), Hexinor 2 mg (Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride) both taken during d...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is not getting enough antipsychotic medications. If she has hallucinations and a cognitive problem, then she needs an adequate amount of antipsychotic for a long time. She is on Quetiapine 100 mg which is not a full dose to her, or it is also not responding. So, ei...  Read Full »