Q. Kindly guide me about gum bleaching process for esthetics.

Answered by Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.


Do you have a question on Dental Bleaching or Dental Scaling? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I have a question about gum bleaching. I was just wondering the price range of undergoing this process. My gums cause me no harm whatsoever, by the way, just appearance purposes.

Related Questions:
Is it possible to have gingival recession by faulty brushing technique?
I have yellow stains in my teeth.May I use whitening toothpastes?
What can be done for the permanent stains on my teeth?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

You are talking about gum bleaching but I feel it is tooth bleaching and you have a problem with the esthetics of teeth. There can be several reasons for esthetics which are mainly due to discoloration due to stains from tea, drinks and syrups, drugs as used in asthma. It can be due to poor oral hygiene leading to calculus formation around teeth. Teeth in a particular region can also discolor to brownish tinge due to trauma in any part of life with teeth. Teeth can be naturally discolored from birth due to various reasons related to developmental disturbances and use of drugs like Tetracyclines.

So as for your issue is concerned, you have esthetic concerns and you are interested in bleaching but before going for bleaching it is better to do a general examination with a dentist to find a probable cause. Bleaching is a costly procedure. You may not need that, instead, get scaling and polishing process which is comparatively cheap. You are requested to send an attachment photo of your teeth if possible.

Differential diagnosis:

Nonvital teeth, stains and developmental disturbances.

Probable diagnosis:

Stains, calculus, developmental disturbances, fluorosis.

Treatment plan:

1.Scaling and polishing.
2.Bleaching is the last option using chemicals to whiten teeth like Hydrogen peroxide.

Preventive measures:

1.Brushing daily.
2.Rinsing mouth after taking fluids like tea, coffee, drugs, and syrups.

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?
Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others. This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a permanent discoloration which cannot be removed by normal means like dental scaling. It needs a treatment called lamineering of the front 4 or 6 teeth as required. In...  Read Full »
My teeth seem to be yellow. Can I go for teeth whitening?
Query: Hi doctor, My age is 26. My teeth seem to be yellow in color from the past few years. I do not have any other dental issues. So, I want an advice from the doctor that can I go for teeth whitening? Is it safe? Will it create any teeth problems in future? Or it may affect my health in any way? How lo...  Read Full »
Dr. Asma Parveen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tooth discoloration can be caused either due to internal stains or external stains. If the discoloration in your case is due to external factors, then you can simply go for scaling or cleaning of the teeth which is very safe for everyone. Teeth whitening or bleaching...  Read Full »
Can gingival fibrers regenerate after scaling?
Query: Hello doctor, Is it true that gingival fiber does not regenerate once destroyed? Can they regenerate in certain conditions? I got scaling of teeth done recently and developed gaps. I am wondering whether the gingiva can grow into this space.  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hissain Parray

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. No, you are not right in this case, gingival tissue regenerates as do others except the nerve fibers, if an injury takes place. Dental scaling is good for the heath of gums and should be employed after e...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Is it possible to cure my respiratory allergy and throat infection with some medicine?
Hi doctor, I am suffering from nose block, throat pain, fever, occasional running nose, and headache. I am taking Nasaf ...Read more »
Can inhaling enamel paint residual fumes cause health issues?
Hello doctor, I (66 years, 145 lbs) am using a can of enamel paint in my basement. Total of 1 to 2 minutes. Had a mask ...Read more »
Arthritis in Its Many Forms
Arthritis is defined as the inflammation of a joint. There are various types of arthritis and despite their similarities ...Read more »

Also Read Answers From