Q. Kindly guide me about gum bleaching process for esthetics.

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Published on Sep 17, 2018

I have a question about gum bleaching. I was just wondering the price range of undergoing this process. My gums cause me no harm whatsoever, by the way, just appearance purposes.

#

You are talking about gum bleaching but I feel it is tooth bleaching and you have a problem with the esthetics of teeth. There can be several reasons for esthetics which are mainly due to discoloration due to stains from tea, drinks and syrups, drugs as used in asthma. It can be due to poor oral hygiene leading to calculus formation around teeth. Teeth in a particular region can also discolor to brownish tinge due to trauma in any part of life with teeth. Teeth can be naturally discolored from birth due to various reasons related to developmental disturbances and use of drugs like Tetracyclines.

So as for your issue is concerned, you have esthetic concerns and you are interested in bleaching but before going for bleaching it is better to do a general examination with a dentist to find a probable cause. Bleaching is a costly procedure. You may not need that, instead, get scaling and polishing process which is comparatively cheap. You are requested to send an attachment photo of your teeth if possible.

Nonvital teeth, stains and developmental disturbances.

Stains, calculus, developmental disturbances, fluorosis.

1.Scaling and polishing.
2.Bleaching is the last option using chemicals to whiten teeth like Hydrogen peroxide.

1.Brushing daily.
2.Rinsing mouth after taking fluids like tea, coffee, drugs, and syrups.

What can be done for fluorosis in upper front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, My upper two teeth have fluorosis and they come outside. So, can I correct those two teeth only?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned about fluorosis in your two front teeth, you can get it treated either with a procedure called as bleaching or you can get veneers, that is, a layer to cover the teeth. You have also mentioned that the front two teeth are moving outside. For th...  Read Full

What can be done for the permanent stains on my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these terrible permanent stains on my teeth that literally will not go away. They are very noticeable on my two front teeth and on another tooth and also on my back teeth as well, I brush my teeth every morning and every night for a good two to four minutes or more times when t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern about the stains in your teeth as it really affects the confidence of a person. Stains can be caused due to a number of reasons both intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic stains can be caused due to internal factors like a few medicines, gen...  Read Full

My teeth seem to be yellow. Can I go for teeth whitening?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 26. My teeth seem to be yellow in color from the past few years. I do not have any other dental issues. So, I want an advice from the doctor that can I go for teeth whitening? Is it safe? Will it create any teeth problems in future? Or it may affect my health in any way? How lo...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tooth discoloration can be caused either due to internal stains or external stains. If the discoloration in your case is due to external factors, then you can simply go for scaling or cleaning of the teeth which is very safe for everyone. Teeth whitening or bleaching...  Read Full