Q. Is it better to opt braces treatment after tooth removal?

Dr. Purva Jingar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2019

My family member has been advised for the removal of teeth and then the braces to be fixed for alignment. Kindly give a second opinion.

#

Yes, this is right. Alignment of teeth can be corrected only if we remove a few teeth which are not going to be needed in the future too to give space for teeth to shift themselves and align.

| 

Can I attach the X-ray and reports of my cousin? Please let me know the details and the way to communicate further on the subject.

#

Yes, you can send the attachment through the facilities available in icliniq, and it can help me in providing you a proper treatment.

| 

I have attached the X-rays and photos for your review.

#

I have seen the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, there is a requirement of removing teeth. Also, if possible, get unerupted wisdom teeth removed for more convenient results. Even the middle section of the mouth (front teeth region) has a bone loss, which also requires care. Get teeth cleaned and get lower left first molar treated, which has a suggestive infection at root section. Removing of teeth will help front teeth to go inside to correct smile.

|