Q. Is it better to opt braces treatment after tooth removal?

Dr. Purva Jingar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

My family member has been advised for the removal of teeth and then the braces to be fixed for alignment. Kindly give a second opinion.

Do you have a question on Dental Braces or Serial Extraction?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Purva Jingar

BDS
Dentistry

Yes, this is right. Alignment of teeth can be corrected only if we remove a few teeth which are not going to be needed in the future too to give space for teeth to shift themselves and align.

Can I attach the X-ray and reports of my cousin? Please let me know the details and the way to communicate further on the subject.

Dr. Purva Jingar

BDS
Dentistry

Yes, you can send the attachment through the facilities available in icliniq, and it can help me in providing you a proper treatment.

I have attached the X-rays and photos for your review.

Dr. Purva Jingar

BDS
Dentistry

I have seen the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, there is a requirement of removing teeth. Also, if possible, get unerupted wisdom teeth removed for more convenient results. Even the middle section of the mouth (front teeth region) has a bone loss, which also requires care. Get teeth cleaned and get lower left first molar treated, which has a suggestive infection at root section. Removing of teeth will help front teeth to go inside to correct smile.

Also Read Answers From: Dental Braces Serial Extraction

Ask a Doctor Now