Q. Is it fine to have the wires fixed to brackets in the braces treatment?

Answered by Dr. Prerna Jain and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dental Braces or Orthodontic Treatment? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My dad is a dentist and he has recently put braces in my upper jaw. But my braces are of the kind I have never seen before. All the braces I have ever seen have movable wires that move as our teeth get straighter but the ones I have are having the wire fixed onto the brackets by material so the wire does not move.