Q. Will I get banding done if the bracket broke off?

Dr. Mayank Khandelwal

I have metal braces, and the last bracket came off. This is the first time the bracket broke off. And today I am supposed to get bands. Will I still get the bands, although they will fix a bracket back on?

#

I hope you are doing well.

There are no major issues in the bracket coming off in the initial stages and can be easily re-fixed. The patient is new to the braces and is still adjusting. So these things happen. It could also be an error on the orthodontist's side for fixing the bracket. However, if this occurs in later stages, it does become difficult to place it in its exact position and save time. If we cannot place it in the exact position, we might have to step down the wire, and treatment time is extended. So, kindly keep it in mind and be careful.

Both your bracket and banding can be done together in a single appointment, and you do not have to take one more appointment, just that some extra time is required to finish up the things.

Do check out if any of your brackets are being hit by the opposing tooth. If it is so, no matter how careful you are, a bracket will come off. In such cases, we will have to create a block so that they do not hit each other.

Do reach out for further information or clarifications. Have a great day. Regards.

|