Q. A previously filled tooth cavity is paining continuously. What to do?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I am having pain continuously in one cavity in which I had a filling earlier. I am taking a tablet with Diclofenac and Paracetamol combination for pain. Please suggest.

#

I went through your query.

Kindly upload an image of the painful carious tooth. I would walk you through the management needed to resolve the issue once and for all.

Unless you receive proper treatment, the pain will get worse.

I would suggest:

1) Tablet Clavam (Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate) 625 one tablet two times a day for five days.

2) Tablet Zerodol SP (Aceclofenac, Serratiopeptidase, and Paracetamol) one tablet three times a day for five days.

3) Tablet Rantac (Ranitidine) 150 one tablet two times a day before meals for five days.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Mention if any medical history.

Have a good day.

Thanks a lot.

But I am allergic to Amoxicillin hence unable to take Clavum 625. I have attached the image of the infected tooth.

Please suggest.

#

I went through the attached image (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), the tooth is carious, and filling is not possible in this tooth as caries have progressed. The tooth needs root canal treatment to ease the pain and discomfort.

Since you have an allergy to Amoxicillin, I would suggest:

Capsule Sporidex 500 mg (Cephalexin) one capsule twice daily after meal for five days.

Let me know if any further queries. I am here to help you in every possible way.

Upload the X-ray, if possible.

Have a good day.

Thanks a lot.

Root canal treatment.

After five days.

|