Q. Is it advisable to get dental extraction and implantation on second day of periods?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Dec 13, 2018

I have the following on the second day of the menstrual cycle- a headache, lots of bleeding, abdomen pain, general weakness. Is it fine to have a dental implantation surgery during this time? It includes tooth extraction and implantation.

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

Yes, it is absolutely fine to have implantation surgery during your menstrual cycle. You can take Ibuprofen 400 mg four hours before surgery. You should have a proper meal at least an hour or two before your surgery so that you do not feel nausea during surgery or hungry right after surgery. Hopefully, everything will go smooth. Best of luck. Stay happy and blessed.

My pregnant test is negative but I miss my period. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOD, and I am planning to conceive. I am under Macfolate and Metformin tablets for the past seven months. I have regular periods for the past six months. This month, on the 11th day, I missed my period. After two days, when I checked for pregnancy, I got a negative result. Again ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may repeat the test in a week to rule out pregnancy, or you can do a serum beta hCG test. If the hCG levels are less than 3 mIU/ml, then you are not pregnant. The reasons are anovulatory cycles seen in PCOD, or you should get a semen analysis done once for your part...  Read Full

How can we stop excessive bleeding from tooth extraction site?

Query: Hi doctor, It has been eight hours now. I have extracted three teeth at the same time. There is excessive bleeding from the extracted site. Is this deadly?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Drink a lot of water and follow the medication prescribed by the dentist. You can use ice in the extracted site to stop the bleeding. If it still continues to bleed, consult your dentist. If it stops, then from the next day, rinse mouth with salt water and turmeric mixt...  Read Full

I have pain and bleeding after molar tooth extraction. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Is it normal for a dentist to not prescribe anything for pain after having a broken molar extracted, and three roots pulled out? My tooth was extracted yesterday, still bleeding heavily. I had fever through the day.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most dentists will offer pain medications if the procedure can reasonably be expected to cause pain that cannot be managed by OTC medication. In your case, I wonder why he has not prescribed any because extracting a third molar root can be a little difficult and the pa...  Read Full