Dentin Exposure

Why does the tooth next to the extraction site feel weird?

Query: Hi doctor, Last month, I got my upper left wisdom tooth removed. I feel the tooth next to extracted tooth is sensitive to pressure while biting and cold. Is it normal? The extraction was straight forward, but the root was crooked. So, there was some little difficulty in extraction.  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding the dental health. Sensitivity to cold and bite is a very common dental problem because of exposure of dentin caused by gum disease or tooth wear. We can confirm the diagnosis of sensitivity only by doing tests. So, consult your nea...  Read Full »

My front teeth chipped out following a hit. Please suggest me the right treatment.

Query: Hi doctor,I got a hit, and four of my teeth chipped, out of which two hurts. It has only been less than 24 hours so far. I went to the dentist, and she says that I need a root canal right away. However, taking a second opinion, the other dentist says a root canal is not necessary and it will heal on...  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the radiograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I assume that pulp is not exposed. The fracture of the tooth is only till dentin layer. The pulp chamber and root canal is the black or dark area seen in the middle of the tooth on the radiograph. ...  Read Full »