Q. Why are there deposits on teeth after some days of scaling?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 06, 2019

My teeth are getting deposited with something which gets removed after scaling but, soon develops after 20 days. This situation has taken place twice. I do not have soft drinks, coffee, and chocolates. I am very upset about this situation. Please help.

#

Scaling is a temporary solution. You should maintain your oral health. As I have seen in pictures, there is stain deposition in your back teeth (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are several reasons for stains, most common is smoking, fail to brush at night, not changing the brush for every two months, ignoring the brushing of back side teeth.

Brush twice daily (especially night brushing), flossing, avoid smoking and gutkha paan. Make your teeth free from any deposition. Change brush every two months. If you follow these instructions, you do not need any scaling for several years. The most important thing is proper brushing technique. All surface of teeth should be involved, and prolonged brushing is not required.

Can gingival fibrers regenerate after scaling?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it true that gingival fiber does not regenerate once destroyed? Can they regenerate in certain conditions? I got scaling of teeth done recently and developed gaps. I am wondering whether the gingiva can grow into this space.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. No, you are not right in this case, gingival tissue regenerates as do others except the nerve fibers, if an injury takes place. Dental scaling is good for the heath of gums and should be employed after e...  Read Full

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others.¬†This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a permanent discoloration which cannot be removed by normal means like dental scaling. It needs a treatment called lamineering of the front 4 or 6 teeth as required. In...  Read Full

Dry Mouth or Xerostomia - Causes and Treatment

Article Overview: Dry mouth which in medical terms is known as Xerostomia can cause serious discomfort to the individual suffering from it, so we will discuss about the causes and the simple remedies that can ease the symptoms of patients who suffer from dry mouth due to various causes.  Read Article

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Xerostomia is a medical term which refers to a subjective complaint of dry mouth, resulting from reduced saliva production. The term is derived from a Greek word, where xero means dry, and stoma means mouth. Important Points: This condition is more commonly seen in females. It can a...  Read Article