Q. I have not ovulated this month. Can it be due to Depot injection?

I was on the Depo injection, finished it four months back, then started the pill for 8 days only. I wanted to try for a baby, I was wondering as I have spotted last month and had a period 14 days later, but all the time before that I have had unprotected sex and not caught pregnant, is there a problem as I am trying for a baby. I have not ovulated this month. Could this be due to the Depo or the pill or something else? I am not pregnant as I have done test, it is negative.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

It is for your information that post prolonged use of Depot injection, the menstruation cycle is likely to be anovulatory for 2-3 cycles after it restarts post stoppage of injection. You had your initiation of bleed last month and had a proper menses 14 days later, but this cycle is likely to be anovulatory in most of the cases. So, even though you may be trying, yet you would not conceive.

It would be best if you can start using ovulation kits from the next cycle from day 10 daily to check for LH surge, which would help find the time of ovulation (again whether or not you ovulate as well) and you would be able to have a better control over your actions.

|