Q. How to help my friend to overcome his depression after a bad breakup?

Dr. Shubadeep Debabrata Sinha

How can a person overcome depression? What are the symptoms of depression? Please advise me on overcoming depression, or how would I know if I am suffering from anxiety and depression. Because my friend is not speaking or doing things like we were before with me after he got a break up now with his girlfriend. Please help me it is very urgent.

#

Please consult a psychiatrist to diagnose depression or other related illnesses like anxiety. Depression is a clinical illness comprising of the persistent feeling of sadness or loss of interest that characterizes major depression and can lead to a range of behavioral and physical symptoms. These may include sleep, appetite, energy level, concentration, daily behavior, or self-esteem changes. Depression can also be associated with more severe manifestations which could be life-threatening. Hence it is best to consult a psychiatrist immediately if anyone you know is getting similar signs and symptoms.

|