Q. How to relax myself during panic attacks?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Depression or Lack Of Sleep? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am suffering from depression for the last two years. My doctor had changed my drug recently to a new one, which is Zoloft. I have been taking it for a month maybe. I am traveling now and in the airplane I got tired along with depression and severe panic attacks. Even, after reaching the place I could not settle down. I feel as if my heart is going to stop beating from fear, anxiety and panic attacks. I do not really know the reason. I just need something I can do in order to relax from these symptoms. My flight is after two days and I really do not know how and what will happen. Before a year, when the severity of the depression was stronger than now, I did not breathe and the emergency staff gave me oxygen. How to make myself relax? I am really trying to calm down. I am telling myself not to fear and relax without thinking anything. Please help me.