Q. I am depressed because my family is not supportive of me becoming a musician. What to do?

Dr. Prashant Gohil
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 07, 2021

I am very passionate to become a musician. But, my family does not support me. Instead, they keep discouraging me a lot. As a result, I am mentally depressed. What should I do? Please help me. I really need your help.

#

• As you wrote that you are suffering from depression, I would like to know what exactly your symptoms are. Sometimes, the things we want do not happen and we do not feel good, we get angry, and feel frustrated, which is absolutely normal.
  • The only option we have is to show the world what we are capable of. Now as you have said that you want to be a musician, but your family is not supporting you, it may be because they do not know how talented you are. So, I would suggest you two things:
  1. Spare some time and discuss with your parents about the matter, tell them how much you love music, convince them to give some time to you to learn music. Meanwhile, you continue doing what they want from you.
  2. Show them your passion, show them how you can become a good musician. Show some of your talents in music, after that, they may let you go ahead with music.

Do not lose hope, keep trying. One day you will definitely achieve your goal. All the best.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|