Q. I am depressed due to the guilt of ejaculating while sleeping in the same bed with my mother. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Depression or Psychotherapy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 55 year old male, and I have been suffering from depression due to extreme guilt from 22 years. I have been taking allopathic medicines, but my depression bounces back. Actually, my childhood, teenage, and adolescent was disturbing. My father always abused me, and my parents quarrel daily. My father always neglected me and avoided paying my college fees. Other than this, I witnessed my parents having sex many times in the same room where I slept. I felt disgusted and also excited. I wanted to avoid the situation, but I did not have any option. When I was 19 years old, I happened to see my mother taking bath from the keyhole. One day, I slept with my mother in the same bed, and I ejaculated. At the time of ejaculation, my back was towards my mother. I love and respect my mother a lot, and I always feel I am a sinner. I am unable to forgive myself, and I have not able to get over it. I have been living with guilt and feeling bad about myself for 20 years. Please suggest some solution. I am taking Paxinet 37.5 mg, Lithium 800 mg, and Quetiapine 50.