Q. I am depressed for past two years and getting suicidal thoughts. Kindly help.

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

I am 30 years old female. I am depressed for the past two years and unable to forget my fiance who recently got married eight months back but still, I am suffering from the memories. I am severely depressed, do not sleep. I am getting suicidal thoughts for my rejection and was taking antidepressant for a month. I cry during the night thinking about the past and even during the day when I keep myself busy.

#

I have gone through your query in detail and have come to know that you have been going through a tough time since long. You have tried to take treatment and that has not worked. I understand that you are finding it difficult to get over your fiance and feel rejected to the extent of doing suicide. I have also come to know that you are not taking any medication currently.

I know it is difficult to let go of someone you have loved with all your heart. I know it hurts a lot when they do not choose you. I understand that it feels worthless and you feel hopeless to live without him. But just for a second, think about this, after five years when you are successful in your career and having a happy life, how would you want to remember this time? A learning phase or a phase which helped you become stronger and wiser in relationships. A phase which helped you grow emotionally. Trust me, there are enough individuals in the world who are going through or have gone through breakup and rejection. But this is not end of life, your life has more experiences, more success and more happiness in it. Search for it instead of reading the same page of your book again and again. We get the chance of writing our future, write yours beautifully.

You writing to us and asking for help is already half battle won. This was the first step and now it is all road to recovery. I request you to try and answer these questions and the answers will help you. If you have further questions or doubts, feel free to get in touch again.

1. Are you the only one who has gone through such breakup or betrayal or rejection?
  2. Do you think life is that cheap to be wasted on someone who does not know your worth and is gone?
  3. Who is at loss here? Whose life is getting impacted by what you are feeling?
  4. What is that you would like to do in life to change the society or your family or the world to be better?
  5. Do you think you have accomplished the goal for which you were given this life?

These questions will just give you insight, and then you need to make some more effort to work towards betterment. I wish you all the best and would like to hear your story which has more accomplishments. Be brave. You can do it.

For more information consult a psychologist counselor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|