Q. I am having depression and anxiety. How to treat it?

Dr. Ruhi Satija
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 08, 2020

I am a 16-year-old female. I have mental health issues. Here in my country, there is no priority to this problem. Rather they just see it as an illness, and they think I am going crazy. I honestly think I might be. I have been trying hard to ignore my feeling and honestly, think that I am doing well. But could not control my feelings. Everyday seems to be harder, and I get so anxious. My insecurity feel is getting worse. I am not happy and tired of being sad. I do not know what to do more. I think I am losing hope. I need help but do not know where to find one. I feel like losing myself any time soon. I do not know if I can, but I think it is the only way. Please help.

#

I understood what you are going through. But you should appreciate yourself for finding the strength to be able to ask for help. That is half the battle.

Depression can be handled in two ways:

1. Medicine, for that, you will have to consult a psychiatrist because these medicines cannot be prescribed online.

2. Psychotherapy, i.e., talk therapy, which is counseling in common terms. You should start it to understand your subconscious negative thought patterns, which are making to feel this way and keeping you anxious and sad.

You should start cognitive behavioral therapy, which is highly effective in treating depression. Consult a therapist in your place or just start a session here. On your own, start with journaling and start writing down your thoughts.

|