Q. I am lonely and continually depressed. Please help me.

Published on Sep 28, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 12, 2018

HelIo doctor,

I am a 17 year old girl who through a series of mistakes has pushed my friends away. School is a constant battle and I feel alone and defeated. I am lonely and continually depressed. Please help me.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

From the available description, it appears that you need to manage stress appropriately. Mistakes are a normal part of our life and there is no point in regretting them.

Whatever might be the situation, you need to move forward. Identify the problems in school and start working on them, one by one. Once you identify the problem, it will be easy to make a list and solve the easiest first and then proceed further.

At the same time, it will be appropriate if you can talk to your old friends. Saying sorry and admitting mistakesmelt almost all the problems in buddies and I am sure they will embrace you with the same warmth if you move a few steps towards them.

Having said this, take the help of elders in your family because they can provide valuable advice.

I can assure you at this stage that you are not alone and help is available. Whatever comes to your mind or whatever problem you face, do not hesitate to write back to me. I will be glad to assist you.

If you find any difficulty in handling such situations, you can write back to a psychologist counsellor online with specific details for further guidance -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

| 

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »

What is the management of social phobia, insecurity, anger, and loneliness?

Query: Hello doctor, My 26 years old son has social phobia, insecurity, anger, adamancy, irritation, unsatisfaction, doubts, and loneliness. Symptoms are present for many years but for the last two years, it has aggravated a lot. He does not leave the house or meet people, never speaks and blames me for e...  Read Full »

What changes have to be done to control BP?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 58 years old. She has high BP problem since last six years. She is taking Amlong-A tablet daily from then and everything was fine. For the last two months, she has been diagnosed with high BP three to four times. We went through all blood and urine tests. Once a few pus cell...  Read Full »

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now