Q. I am not used to telling people how I feel, and I usually cry it out alone. Is it normal?

Dr. Sibananda Mishra
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 31, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2021

I am concerned about my mental health. I had a breakdown before few days and I have thoughts of suicide. After that, I started watching depression videos. I listen to depression songs. I have overthinking habit and it triggers my emotions easily. It makes me feel irritated. I can think rationally but I cannot act it out. I cannot tell clearly what I am feeling now. I do not express my feelings to anyone and I usually cry while I am alone. Is this normal? Is there a huge probability for me to have depression?

#

I have gone through your problem. Do not be worried. For having good mental health, you need to do prayer and physical exercise every day in the morning and evening. You need to continue your daily routine with interest. You think or visualize that you are a capable, confident, and happy person. You need to share your positive things with others. If you still feel depressed or unhappy or having many negative thoughts, then you can consult a psychiatrist for having counseling. Crying alone is a negative thought and it happens in persons having mental problems.

You have frustration, conflicts, unhappy incidents, or unfulfilled desire.

If you have depression and negative thoughts regularly, then you can consult a doctor or psychologist.

You seem to have depression with anxiety.

You seem to have depression with suicidal thoughts.

You need to consult a psychiatrist or a psychologist for treating your condition.

Do physical exercise regularly and have ventilation by sharing your feelings with your close friend.

Have a follow-up at any time or after consulting your psychiatrist.

|